How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 401? (Updated 2023)
OTT platforms have become one of the best ways to get entertainment on your device in the past few years. Especially during the Pandemic, when theaters were off-limits, these platforms were the only ways to watch your favorite movies and TV shows at home.
On Disney Plus, you will find a huge library of Disney, Marvel, National Geographic and more on Disney Plus. Despite its popularity, this platform has faced many errors for different reasons, and one of those errors is Disney plus 401 Error. This guide will tell you what this error is and how to fix this error on your device.
How to Download Disney Plus Movies on Mac?
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 142?
What is Disney Plus Error Code 401?
Recently many users of this platform have complained that they are facing a strange error code on their devices known as Disney plus 401 Error. This Error doesn’t show any specific reason why this happens that keeps most of the user hanging.
So what is Disney plus 401 Error? Honestly, we don't know what this error is, and the company has released no official statement about this error.
This Error prevents you from using Disney services, and you will not be able to access any content available on this site until you solve this error.
Luckily there are many ways to fix this error. Read this guide until the end to know how to fix error code 401 on Disney Plus.
What causes Disney Plus 401 Error?
There could be many reasons why this error is appearing on your devices. Here is the list of reasons that can cause Disney Plus 401 Errors.
- Using a Non-compatible device to access Disney Plus
- Using an unstable internet connection
- Disney Plus servers aren't working
- Outdated software
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 401?
Here are the best ways to fix your device's Disney Plus 401 Error.
1. Check your device Compatibility
We all know this platform is available on many devices, but not all devices are supported with these services due to outdated models. In this case, visit Disney Plus' official website to ensure your device compatibility with this platform.
Here is the list of devices compatible with Disney Plus.
- Apple TV
- Samsung TV
- LG TV
- Firestick Devices
- Android TV
- Android phones and Tablet
- IOS devices
- XBOX One
2. Restart your device
Suppose your device passed the compatibility test, and this error is not going away. In that case, you should try restarting your device because restarting your device can solve many minor issues and glitches.
Turn off your device and wait for 30 seconds, then turn on your device to see if this error is gone.
3. Update your Device
The outdated version can also cause this error to appear on your device. Check your device software version and see if you are using an outdated version; that could be why this error is appearing on your device.
Here are the steps to update a Roku device to the latest version
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote
- Navigate down and then select the Settings option
- Choose the System option and then select the System update.
- Click on the Check now button; if any update is available, it will appear on your Roku screen.
4. Check Internet Connection
An unstable internet connection can also cause this error to appear on your device. Platforms like Disney Plus, Netflix, and Amazon Prime provide content in HD quality. To stream these HD videos, you need a stable internet connection; otherwise, you can face errors such as error code 401.
Check your Internet speed before using another method. If your internet speed is more than 1MB, then we recommend you restart your internet modem and try again.
Here are the steps to restart your Internet modem
- Unplug the modem from the power socket
- Wait for 1 minute and then plug the modem into a power socket
- Ensure your device is connected to the internet and launch the app.
5. Reset your device
If all the above methods fail to solve your error, the last option is to do a factory reset on your device. Note that this will wipe all the data available on your device, including errors or glitches.
Here are the steps to reset the Roku device
- Launch the Roku device and then select the Settings option
- Select the System option and press on Advanced system settings
- Choose the Factory Reset option.
- Now select the factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Roku device.
How to Watch Disney Plus Videos Without Error?
Disney Plus 401 Error can prevent you from watching your favorite movies and TV shows. The best solution to this issue is downloading your favorite movies and TV shows to watch offline.
StreamGaGa Disney Plus Downloader is the best program to download videos from Disney Plus in HD. You can download videos without limitations and watch them offline without an internet connection.
Here are the steps to download videos from StreamGaGa
- Visit StreamGaGa's official website and then download the program
- Launch the program and select “Disney Plus” from the VIP services from the left panel
- Play any video you want to download, and a downloader window will appear on your screen, choose the audio and subtitle file, then click on Download now.