Twitch is a live streaming platform, especially for gamers. If you enjoy live gaming videos, Twitch is for you. On Twitch, you can find your favorite games live streams and have a blast. You can also see music broadcasts or reality streams. The only flaw of Twitch is that it has ads. Ads are very annoying and can ruin your fun with all the interruptions. Thanks to Twitch AdBlock, you can get rid of ads on Twitch. AdBlock is a chrome extension that blocks the ads on the live twitch stream.
People often complain that twitch AdBlock is not working. In this latest guide, you will read all about twitch AdBlock malfunction and how to fix it.
Related Article: How to Download Twitch VOD on your PC and Smartphone?
Why is Twitch AdBlock not working?
Twitch AdBlock reduces the stream quality instead of playing the ad. This works on the web and the app. If you see ads after installing this extension, the chances are it is not working. Here are some potential reasons that your AdBlock is not working.
- AdBlock is not updated.
- Interference of another chrome extension.
- Inaccurate settings of the AdBlock.
- Incorrect Twitch filters.
- Changes in Chrome Settings.
These reasons are confusing for some but do not worry, keep reading to learn more.
9 Fixes to Solve Twitch AdBlock Not Working
If your AdBlock is not working, you can easily fix it. Here are nine ways to do that.
1. Upgrade the Extension
One of the potential reasons that your Twitch AdBlock is not working is that it may be outdated. You will have to update to the latest version. Follow these steps to do that.
- Go to the chrome, and find the three dots at the top right corner.
- Click on the three dots and go to more tools.
- Click on the extensions.
- Click on the update button to update all the extensions.
After the update, open the browser again and check if the extension works.
2. Cross Check Your Twitch AdBlock Settings
You may have enabled some wrong settings and disabled the right ones. To fix it, you must check your AdBlock setting. Follow these steps.
- Go to google chrome.
- Click on the AdBlock small icon to open it.
- Now click on the settings icon that appears to open settings.
- Go to the general settings and disable the “Allow ads” option.
Check to see if your problem is fixed.
3. Check Chrome Settings
Sometimes the extensions misbehave because of the chrome settings. Here is how you can check your browser.
- Open the browser and type in or paste chrome://flags.
- After that, type the network service in the search box that appears.
- Disable the Data Reduction Proxy with network service.
- Uncheck the Runs network service in the process
- Save your settings.
- Restart the browser and check.
4. Try Alternate Player for Twitch
If the AdBlock is not working, try the alternate player for Twitch. This extension allows you to stream videos using a different player. Download it and it to the chrome extension. Try to stream Twitch on your browser to see if it works.
5. Try A Different Browser
You can consider a different browser if the Twitch AdBlock is not working on google chrome. Switch to opera or other chromium browsers. Some browsers come with built-in ad blockers. Get a different browser if nothing else works.
6. Install AdGuard Extension
AdGuard extension instantly blocks any ads on your browser or video streaming apps. Install the extension and add it to the browser; the ads will disappear in no time.
7. Try More Filters
There is a chance that you may be missing out on some filters on the extension. Go to the extension settings. Follow these steps.
- Click on the extension icon and go to settings.
- Go to Customize.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Adjust the filters to block twitch ads.
- Save settings and restart.
8. Try An Emulator
Twitch has an android app. Using the app, you can easily skip unwanted ads. To download the Android version, you will have to install an emulator on your computer. Open the emulator and access the twitch app using it. Whenever you see an ad, press the skip button to continue your streaming.
9. Use Another Extension
You can use other extensions to get rid of twitch ads. Go to google chrome and look for the other extensions. Add the other extension that works for you.
Download and Watch Twitch Videos Offline Without Ads
Here is another clever idea to enjoy streaming without ads. You can download twitch videos. In this way, you can stream limitlessly without disturbance. The twitch app does not allow you to download the videos. StreamGaGa Video Downloader is here to your rescue. You can download your favorite twitch videos using this app. Here is how to do it.
First, download the StreamGaGa app. Follow these steps to do so.
- Go to your browser.
- Type in StreamGaGa.com to open the official site.
- Click on the “Free Download” option.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Launch the downloaded file on your computer.
- Find and open the StreamGaGa app.
Now that you have downloaded the app, you can use it to save twitch videos. Follow these steps to do it.
- Find the Twitch app in the StreamGaGa window.
- Look for the video you want to download.
- Wait for the download to complete.
You can now enjoy this video without ads.
To conclude, ads ruin the fun for twitch users. The Twitch AdBlock can save you from trouble. If that does not work, try the above-mentioned fixes. You can always download it using StreamGaGa. Download stream twitch videos allow you to enjoy them without ads.
Is the AdBlock for Twitch free?
Yes, you can install and use this extension free of cost.
Which is the best Ad blocker for Twitch?
Many extensions are available, including AdBlock, uBlock Origin, and Ad Guard. You can try whatever works best for you.
Can you watch Twitch Videos without a subscription?
Yes, you can access live streams without signing in or even creating an account.
Where can you watch Twitch?
Twitch is available on various streaming platforms, including Apple Tv, android smart TVs, pc, and the web.