If you enjoy watching movies and TV shows on Netflix with subtitles, then you don't need to turn off subtitles from Netflix. But for some users, the subtitle is just a distraction; in that case, the user wants to turn off subtitles from Netflix but doesn't know how.
So if you are one of those people who want to get rid of Netflix subtitles, then here are some methods to turn off subtitles from Netflix for good.
There are some critical differences between caption and subtitle.
- Closed Captions are mainly used by users who are deaf or have hearing problems. Close Captions include background noises and other important information, which make content more individual for them.
- There are two types of captions Open and Closed. A closed caption can be turned off with only one click, but open captions are embedded into the videos, and there is no way to turn off an open caption.
- Subtitles are for those users who can hear audio but have issues understanding the video language.
- Subtitles are mainly used in movies when the language of the film is different, and users are facing difficulties in understanding that language as if you are watching a film in the French language, you can use English subtitles to understand the movie.
Netflix allows you to change every setting through the browser, so that's why most users prefer watching Netflix on their browser. Here are the steps to turn off the subtitle on Netflix.
- Open your browser and go to Netflix's official website
- Then play any movie or TV show you want to watch
- Pause the video and then navigate to the caption icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select the Off option to turn off the subtitle from that video.
Here are the steps to turn off subtitles from your Smartphone
- Launch the Netflix App and then log in to your account
- Select any movie or TV show you want to watch
- Once the video is started, pause the video and then tap on the Audio and subtitle option.
- Tap on the "off" option, which is available under the subtitle section.
Now Netflix App will stop showing you subtitles for any video you play on that profile. You can follow the same steps to turn off subtitles from IOS Device.
Here are the steps to turn off subtitles on Netflix on Google Chromecast.
- Play any video on your Netflix.
- Tap on the screen while the video is playing.
- Select the audio and subtitle option.
- Then select the disable option under the subtitle section.
- After that, touch the ok or the X icon to continue playing videos without subtitles.
- Open Netflix App on your Roku Device
- Play any video you want
- Now press the up or down button on your Roku remote to open the option bar
- Move towards the subtitle and audio menu and then select ok on your remote
- Select the option “off” under the subtitle option.
- Now subtitle of that video will be turned off.
The steps to turn off subtitle on Apple TV is easier than you think. If you want to know how to turn off the subtitle of Netflix on Apple TV, then follow these steps:
- Open Netflix App on your Apple TV
- Play any video you want.
- Swipe down with your Apple TV remote
- Then swipe left and right to enter the subtitle menu on Netflix
- Again swipe left to turn off the subtitle
- After that, press on your remote touchpad to confirm your choice.
But if you have an older version of Apple TV, you must press the ok button for the subtitle menu to pop up and make your choice.
The steps to turn off Netflix subtitles are very similar; you can use these steps to turn off subtitles on Android TV, Samsung TV, LG TV, and other intelligent devices.
- Launch your Netflix app on your Smart TV and then play any video
- Press the down key from your remote to open the option bar
- Then move to the subtitle and audio option and then press the ok button on your remote
- Then select the "off" option under the section subtitle
- Now your subtitle will be turned off from your video.
This type of thing never happens on Netflix, but sometimes a bug can mess up your Netflix experience. Mainly these types of errors occur with older versions of apps. In which the user has turned off the subtitle, but the subtitle doesn't disappear
We recommend you first check the settings of the subtitle; if you still don't find any answers to why this is happening to you, then you should keep your App updated because the developer fixes a bug on every update. It can also fix your issue in no time.
StreamGaGa Netflix Downloader is the best App to download videos from Netflix and watch offline. This App allows you to download videos in full HD quality.
This means you can download your Netflix videos without any difficulties. StreamGaGa lets you download videos in bulk with the Batch download feature. You can also choose subtitles and audio before downloading your favorite Netflix video.
Here are the steps to download videos from Netflix with StreamGaGa Netflix Downloader.
- Download and install StreamGaGa and then launch it.
- Select the “VIP Services” option and then choose Netflix from the list
- Play any video you want to download and watch it offline. Choose audio and subtitle, then click on Download Now
- Your video will start downloading and soon be available to watch offline.
You can follow these steps to turn off Netflix subtitles from your Firestick device:
- Launch Netflix App on Firestick
- Play any video you want and then pause that video
- Press the down button from your remote and then select the subtitle and audio option
- Select the Off option under the subtitle section
After following these steps now, your subtitle has turned off from Netflix.
No, Netflix doesn't provide captions and subtitles. The company that created that video does.
On Netflix, you can use 50 different subtitle languages, including English, French, Hindi, Chinese, and many others languages.
No, if you use the right program to download video from Netflix, you will not lose video quality. That is why we recommend StreamGaGa Netflix downloader to download video from Netflix in full HD.