Arte TV is a media streaming service available in both French and German, with subtitles in both languages. ARTE can be accessed via browsers and Arte apps for smartphones and smart TVs.
Arte. tv shows are categorized by theme or genre. They include feature films, documentaries, and documentary cinema about social issues, the arts, history, nature, and science, as well as series, short and TV films, music, and so on.
Continue reading to learn how to watch ARTE on various devices and download ARTE content for offline viewing.
Arte TV is easily available on the Amazon App Store; simply go to the App Store on your Firestick and download it.
Follow the steps below:
- Activate your FireStick device. Select the Find option.
- Select the Search icon.
- Enter Arte TV and choose the app from the list. Select the Arte TV app.
- To install the app on your Fire TV Stick, click Get or Download.
- Wait until the installation is finished before clicking Open.
- Select the ARTE video you want to watch.
The ARTE app is available for free on the Google Play Store and Apple Store.
Take the following steps:
- Install the ARTE App on your Android or iOS device.
- Begin watching the video of your choice.
- To send the signal to your Chromecast-stick, press the "Cast" button.
- You can now watch ARTE content on your television.
The ARTE App is available on the App Store. You can get it on your Apple TV by following the steps below:
- Start your Apple TV.
- Search for ARTE in the Apple Store.
- Get the ARTE App for your device.
- Open ARTE by clicking here and have fun!
More than 80% of the content on ARTE comes from France and Germany, with the remainder coming from a European company. Some of the most popular shows have English, Spanish, Polish, and Italian subtitles. If available, you can change the content to any language you want.
The language of the website can be changed by clicking the little downward arrow in the right upper corner. After you've chosen your language, all programs available in that language will be displayed. The same goes for the app: Tap the small gear icon in the upper right corner of your ARTE app to select a language.
You can also change the language of a program by clicking on the small speech bubble icon (or gear icon in the app) at the bottom-right corner of each video. You can change the language on smart TV by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Note: Due to distribution rights constraints, not all programs are available in all language versions or in all territories.
Because the programs in the media library cannot be downloaded, the data cannot be saved on your computer. The programs are only available for streaming.
However, as of July 2018, ARTE has provided a "offline" service through the ARTE app for iOS and Android. This means that a version of this program is cached in your app for 72 hours and is accessible even if you do not have an internet connection.
StreamGaGa Video Downloader is a professional program that allows you to download high-quality videos from ARTE. After downloading ARTE videos to your devices, you can watch them without being bothered by annoying advertisements. Downloaded videos can also be saved as MP4 files that can be played on any device, and you can keep them on your computer forever.
To download from ARTE, simply follow the steps below:
- Download and install StreamGaGa Video Downloader on your computer.
- Enter the ARTE's website through the Homepage of StreamGaGa.
- Browse ARTE's content and simply click to play the video you want to download. The software will automatically analyze the video's data and begin downloading.
- Select your preferred language option for audio and subtitles, then hit “Download Now” button to start downloading.