How to record Rakuten TV?
Although the official Rakuten TV feature "download function" has been removed, it is still useful to record videos. Rakuten TV offers the following video titles.
- Titles that cannot be downloadeded from smartphones, Fire TV Sticks, and other devices .
- Removed titles after a specified period
- Rent titles that are not included in the monthly rental fee
You can quickly make a recording and save them for later use.
This article will show you how to record video content using Rakuten TV's video streaming service. You can record VOD with no worries thanks to the legal recording technique I will show you. Let's look at the steps to capture video content using Rakuten TV.
Rakuten TV video content cannot be recorded on any device including smartphones, tablets and HDD recorders.
This is due to the HDCP technology, which prevents unauthorized video recording.
HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection), is a copyright protection technology. It aims to stop unauthorized copying digital content.
This article will provide more information on this item and show you how to make videos with it.
You will see a black screen if you record normaly. But if you follow the tips in this article, it will be possible to capture beautiful videos!
You can record Rakuten TV by preparing the following items.
- Personal computer + Internet connection
- Rakuten TV account
- Software for dedicated recording
Except for the essential items required for video playback, such as a computer and internet connection, recording Rakuten television requires a dedicated recording program called " StreamGaGa Rakuten Television Downloader".
Rental videos, in particular, can be downloaded and saved in just a few minutes to your computer. This is an economic advantage that will allow you to rent the same title every time.
Although the full version has all the functional limitations, it is recommended that you use it. However, a trial version of the software is available for free. You can use this free version to test the software's performance.
This section will describe how to record video content using the video streaming service Rakuten TV.
Go to the following URL, and then install the recording program "StreamGaGa TV Downloader".
Official site: StreamGaGa Rakuten TV Downloader
- To download the installer, click on the button marked "Free Download".
- Click on the file to download it.
- To start the installation, click on "Quick Install" when the screen appears.
- Allow the installation to finish for a few minutes. It will take approximately five minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
- Click on "Launch Now" when you see it.
This will launch the "StreamGaGa Rakuten TV downloader"
- Click "VIP Services" on the left side of the "StreamGaGa Rakuten TV Downloader" screen and select Rakuten TV.
- Log in to Rakuten when you see the Rakuten TV screen.
- After logging in, you can play the video content that you have recorded.
- Once you have made your selection, click "Download now" to get it immediately, or "Add To Queue" to choose other videos you wish to download simultaneously.
- You will be able to see the video you have selected by clicking "Downloading" on left side of operation screen. You can also click "Home" to view other video titles. Follow the same steps to select them.
- After selecting the videos that you wish to record, click on "Start All" and you can start recording (downloading).
- Once the recording is finished (download), click "Download" on left side of operation screen. The recorded data for the video you just selected will appear. To see the exact location of the video files that you have downloaded and recorded, click on the folder icon to the right of the line.
A reader sent me a solution to the problem of not downloading videos after following these steps. I would like to share it here.
To do this, right-click the downloaded software installer from StreamGaGa's official website and open the menu. Select "Run as administrator" for the software to be installed.
You can continue with the rest of the process as before. If you have any issues with the software, please run "Run as administrator".
As I said, the "StreamGaGa Rakuten TV downloader" allows Rakuten TV to be recorded with simple operations. However, there is a limit on the number of recordings you can make with the free trial.
The trial version is limited to 3 recordings. If you wish to record more, you will need to purchase the paid version.
It is enough to test the software's performance, but not enough to use the software for long periods of time.
You can buy the paid version if you wish to continue recording video titles with "StreamGaGa Rakuten TV downloader" in future.
This section will explain how to view recorded video data from video streaming service "Rakuten TV".
There are two main ways you can watch a movie. One is on a computer, the other on a tablet or smartphone. This is the most common way to watch a movie from a computer.
It is easy to download a media player for free if you wish to view it on your computer.
The standard, free VLC Media Player is my favorite. It's easy to use and can be used by beginners without difficulty.
You don't need to pay anything for the software.
After you have launched VLC Media Player you can click and drag the video data that you wish to play into it. It will automatically play your video.
You'll also be able use the basic operations intuitively.
You can view the video data captured by the method mentioned in this article on your iPhone/iPad.